This all-Flash site created for Dragon Ball Z, one of Cartoon Network's highest rated shows, pushed the limits of Generator, Flash, and Cold Fusion.
The site incorporated many of the latest web technologies including: Flash, Generator, Cold Fusion, and ichat. And was all dynamically driven by a Microsoft SQL database. A secure administrative area was created to allow for Dragon Ball Z's employees to easily manage and maintain 85% of the content of the site, even though they had little or no experience with Flash.
The redesign was been a huge success. Traffic to the web site more than doubled less than a week after opening the newly redesigned site and sales to the online store increased 40% in the first month alone.
- Site Features:
- 100% Flash and Cold Fusion integration resulting in an almost completely dynamic flash site
- iChat chat rooms
- Featured as Macromedia's "Site of the Day"
- Featured in a site article on Allaire's website
- Recieved over 2 million hits a day
- Content management system allowed FUNimation employees to maintain news stories and polls without learning Flash or any programming